The Vault – Vancouver Data Centre, British Columbia
The location was originally built for the Bank of Canada, to store gold bullion. Situated in downtown Vancouver, the facility is close to multiple SkyTrain stations, major driving routes, and the Vancouver International Airport.
Storing your data has never been safer
This windowless facility is located underground and has access to TeraGo’s fibre ring, connecting our data centres and the Vancouver Telco Hotel at 555 West Hastings Street. The cabinets are outfitted with both A and B power and come equipped with depth-adjustable racks to accommodate IT hardware of all sizes. If you require additional security, store your IT infrastructure in one of our secure cage enclosures, which can be fully customized to meet your needs. The building has full height and truck-bed height loading docks as well as a secure room for equipment delivery and storage to ease your migration.
Here is the key to the vault
The location was originally built for the Bank of Canada in 1966 to store gold bullion. The Bank of Canada occupied large parts of the building until 1997, and the vault is now used to house the critical IT infrastructures of several businesses.
This cool, dry area is the protected by thick steel reinforced concrete – providing some serious physical protection. Taking it to the next level; the space was also constructed utilizing a room-in-room design, which is essentially a concrete room inside a concrete room. There’s just enough space for a person to walk the perimeter of the inside room, which gives employees the space they need to monitor the condition of the structure.
We provide 99.9% Power and Connectivity availability, and support PCI compliant environments. Customers have 24/7 unescorted access, but must pass multi-factor authentication in order to gain access, which includes a biometric scanner and key fob. The facility is monitored by a state-of-the-art digital video recording system with a 90 day archive period.
DATA CENTRE SPECIFICATIONS:
- 600 kW total available power
- Clean power supplied by double conversion UPS
- Two independent power feeds from separate grids
- Electrical sub-station separated from building power grid
- A/B power available in every cabinet
Cooling & Fire Supression
- Chilled water system
- In-row APC cooling system
- Waterless, Inergen fire suppression system
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA)
- Carrier-neutral facility
- Fully-redundant and diverse fibre core fed by from multiple providers
- Access to TeraGo’s fibre ring in downtown Vancouver – connecting our data centres and the Vancouver Telco Hotel (555 West Hastings St.)
Security & Monitoring
- Multi-factor access authentication
- 24/7 CCTV & access control monitoring
- 24/7 monitoring by Network Operations Centre
- Complex designed to withstand seismic activities
- 7000 sq.ft facility
- Room in room design, protected by concrete walls
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- TeraGo provides a 100% Power and Connectivity SLA
Certifications and Audits
- SSAE16 Compliant
- Support for PCI Compliant environment